Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day Tradition

Each family has a set of traditions or customs that they follow around the holidays. Some families open one present on Christmas Eve. Some families drive through the neighborhood looking at sparkling lights dancing across lawns and rooftops. For as long as I can remember, the tradition in my family is music-related, much like everything else in my life.
After surveying the shiny packages under the tree, and giving my nod of approval, the television was turned on and flipped to VH1 for Christmas music videos. Bing Crosby and David Bowie singing "The Little Drummer Boy". Run D.M.C.'s "Christmas in Hollis". All of my favorite pop stars in one studio for Band Aid- "Do They Know It's Christmas?"
As an adult, my favorite Christmas music videos have been relegated to VH1 Classic. It's a good thing I've got the full cable package. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night :)

1 comment:

  1. i guess i'll throw in my two cents with my favorite holiday songs. #1) The Jackson 5 "I Saw Momma Kissin Santa Claus" #2) Pearl Jam (of course) "Let Me Sleep" and Nerf Herder "I've Got a Boner For Christmas". As far as traditions go, its more about being around the Christmas tree with loved ones Christmas Eve, presents Christmas morning and apparently working Chrsitmas night. HA!

    ReplyDelete