Thursday, January 28, 2010

2010 Grammys


So, the Grammy Awards show is being aired this weekend, and I will celebrate by not watching.
Since the invention of this magical creation known as the internet, I've been able to watch the highlights and recaps of crap that I don't want to sit through for three hours of my life.
If my beloved Dave Matthews Band wins Album of the Year for Big Whiskey and the Groo Grux King, I will shed tears of joy and search for the clip on YouTube.
The other "artists" in this category? Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, and The Black Eyed Peas. How on earth did DMB end up in that mix?!?! How many of those artists even know what a gramophone is?
Beyond that, Green Day and Linkin Park would be excellent wins in their respective categories. But in all actuality, the awards will probably go to Nickelback or someone equally awful that I couldn't give a damn about.
I guess I must be getting old, because all I can think about regarding Grammys is: "Remember fifteen or twenty years ago, when you'd camp out in front of the television, waiting to see your favorite artists accept their awards and perform?"
Now? Not so much...

Are any of you going to watch? Any favorites you want to see win?

No comments:

Post a Comment